The Medicine Hat Police Service, in partnership with the City of Medicine Hat Parks and Recreation Department, is pleased to announce an exciting new program. The Parks and Trails Ambassador Program is an excellent volunteer opportunity for any person who has a heart for animals and an interest in the safety and well-being of all parks and trails users.
Parks and Trails Ambassadors will:
- Promote Responsible Pet Ownership, through modelling appropriate behavior while in the parks or on the trails
- Be a helpful resource for information, answering questions or providing clarification on Park information or pet ownership responsibilities as per the Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw
- Be a direct contact for concerns or suggestions from parks and trail system users
- Be a presence on the trails, providing an extra set of eyes and ears, to promote accountability and respect by all parks and trail system users.
Parks and Trails Ambassadors will be able to set their own schedule and routes. In addition to training, each ambassador will also be provided with an identifying vest and small tokens of goodwill to be distributed to the public as they see fit.
- 18 years or older
- Pass a MHPS Security Clearance
- Provide two personal references
- Complete two hours of Parks and Trails Ambassador training provided by the MHPS Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Section
If you enjoy the outdoors, have a passion for community and volunteerism and want to be a part of a solution, join us!